Sunday 10 May 2015

Wow!...

I was one of the lucky ones who went to the Sackville Quilters' Guild Show, Timeless Treasures on Sat!  

Thank you for allowing me take photos of your fabulous work!  The following is just a piece of what I saw there.  There is no rhyme or reason why the quilt intrigued me into taking a picture - I enjoyed them all!  

I'll start with the Special Exhibits of Mary Fillmore ... Hooked rugs and quilts...



And then onto the older ( much loved) quilts on display.  Some red work ones dated from around 1915 and the 1920s...  This one is from 1975 by  Laura Steeves...a Dresden Plate...


The note said... ' Made by my Grandmother.  I love finding material pieces from dresses we wore as children.  This quilt was a wedding gift for Susan and Peter Spence'

Then there was this whole cloth one...


'My Scrap Pile' by Greta Patterson was a wonderful example of a scrappy quilt...


A church can be a fabulous place to watch the light play across the fabrics... Carol Smith's 'Pineapple' was practically glowing as I walked by.  It was made for a workshop put on by Nancy Elaschuk...


A Summer Challenge ... to embellish a pieced background - also by Carol Smith ...



All in the same quilt! 

A minature Log Cabin by Joan Nuttall ... from another Guild Summer Challenge, it was to replicate a full size quilt in minature! This was the write up....


And this is the Minature on top of the original...absolutely beautiful!



Gail Baker's beautiful Double Wedding Ring quilt was on display in the way in and out! Check out the edging of the quilt...


It was a wonderful day to enjoy all the artistry of the Sackville Quilters' Guild!  They put this show on every 2 years...so pencil it in for 2017!  

No comments:

Post a Comment