Thursday 13 March 2014

Snow Day!

Or... Weather in Amherst can be an adventure...


It didn't look like it was doing a lot weather wise, so I went out to go to the shop...oops!  About 4 inches of icy snow. 

                            Long story- short- Mrs P's will not be open today!  

It took awhile just to get the doors to open on the truck. As it is still freezing rain, I left the snow on the windshield for now.  The side windows have 'portholes' scraped into the ice.  The coolest part though, I'm able to walk on the snow/ice mix!  For you that know, I'm a 'hefty' weight- it's been a long time since the crust on the snow has been thick enough to hold me!  

The above pitcure is the icy snow chunks dug off the doorstep. By this afternoon, the weather people are saying more snow.  It's a good day to stay inside 'working' on projects!  

I never knew ice had a colour until I was visiting in the Yukon and glacier ice always had a pale green/blue tint.  Every once in awhile, I see 'that' colour in the shadows on a pile of ice or snow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment