Wednesday 13 November 2013

Closed for a Christmas Tree?...


Mrs P's will be closed for lunch today between 12:15 and 1:30 pm today.  A bit earlier than usual today.  There is a part of our Nova Scotia history passing by on the highway today.  

In the Halifax Herald, they have done a great article on this years Nova Scotia Christmas Tree to Boston.  For those that are not aware,  Nova Scotia sends a tree every year in thanks to the people of Boston for their help in the aftermass of the Halifax Explosion.  

" Christmas Tree for Boston Begins its Journey"  on the Halifax herald site should get you the story, or you can try the link below.  


The tree is leaving today from Halifax around 10:30 am and as Amherst on the way to Boston, my Dad and I are going to see if we can see it as it speeds by on the highway.  So, yes, I'm off for 'lunch' around 12:15 to 1:30pm- but really, I'm out looking a really big, special Christmas tree!

We live in our communities- but we have to participate in our communities to make them 'ours'.  Today, I'm going to try to participate in a Nova Scotia tradition. A very small wave from me to a special tree on a big yellow truck on its way to Boston.   And truth is, I'll probably wipe away a tear too.  

What are you doing today?




No comments:

Post a Comment